The Hollywood Fringe Festival has released final numbers on its 2016 event:
- The Festival sold over 56,000 individual tickets.
- Ticket sales have increased more than 300% since the inaugural festival (2010).
- The festival sold an estimated $447,000 in tickets this year.
- Approximately 60% of all tickets were “Fringe-sold” (sold directly through the Fringe’s website and box office) and the remaining 40% of transactions were “venue-sold” (sold at the door of participating venues). No matter where tickets were sold, all sale monies ($447,000) are returned to the Fringe artists and venues.
- In its seven year history, Hollywood Fringe has returned over $1.8 million to artists.
- 296 productions participated in the 2016 event (up 64% since 2010), mounting 1,554 performances at 50 spaces throughout central Hollywood.
- 1,453 artists and producers participated in the 2016 Hollywood Fringe.
The next Hollywood Fringe Festival is less than 11 months away!
Click here for the original posting. Published on Footlights by Tracey Paleo on July 25th, 2016.